Wednesday, November 29, 2006

(Not So) Breaking News!

It's a good thing a certain someone doesn't mumble in his emails in the same, almost-unintelligible manner as he does when speaking, because otherwise this little bit of news wouldn't have registered.

Tomorrow night, at the absolute worst bar in all of Washington, the one and only Rob Van Winkle, aka Vanilla Ice will be appearing (performing?). You can all thank me later.

Two nights of My Morning Jacket, and now this? Oh, man. This week is turning into a fantastic shit show. I'd better hunker down and get my beauty sleep tonight. In the meantime, I'm going to study up on the man's Wikipedia entry. It's almost as entertaining as the insanely thorough one dedicated to Darkwing Duck. I leave you today with Phife's prophetic lyrics in the excellent "What's the Scenerio (Remix)" from Tribe's otherwise shit-tacular final album, The Love Movement:

Pull out the red carpet cuz I'm kickin this/Vanilla Ice platinum? That shit's ridiculous/Excuse my French, but profanity is all I knew/And to you other sellouts, oh yeah, 'F' you too

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home