Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Behind the Times

Duke: So, I was thinking about getting tickets to see Bloc Party at the Patriot Center on November 11, but then I discovered that they were opening for Panic! At the Disco. I don't think I like them very much, and I'm not sure I care about Bloc Party enough to fork over that kind of cash to see them play for 40 minutes.

Rocky: Doesn't matter. Nobody cares about Bloc Party anymore anyway.

Duke: What? Since when?

Rocky: Since they bagged their Black Cat show for the 9:30 Club last year. Well, more accurately, since they started that US tour two Springs ago and sold out a ton of gigs.

Duke: I didn't know that.

Rocky: Yeah, man. And you have to admit that Silent Alarm Remixed was kinda lame.

Duke: Geez. I didn't think it was remarkable, but I didn't think it was that bad either. Well, at least I have Tapes 'n Tapes to look forward to next week. That'll be a pretty good way to spend Halloween.

Rocky: Uh, Dude? We're not listening to them either.

Duke: We're not?

Rocky: No. Not for a few months now.

Duke: Why aren't we listening to them? I don't know if I ever understood all of the hype around them, but I still like most of their songs and I think The Loon is pretty good on the whole.

Rocky: No. Don't you read Pitchfork at all? Any music blogs? We're not allowed to like them anymore. They're overrated and the hype-machine got to their heads.

Duke: Says who?

Rocky: Says Pitchfork and music blogs.

Duke: Well, who are we allowed to listen to now? Lilly Allen?

Rocky: NO! God, you embarrass me sometimes. That Perez Hilton dude is into her. You might as well put on Fergie's new album and get it over with.

Duke: Well, this is just getting ridiculous. So, if I can't listen to Bloc Party, and I can't listen to Tapes 'n Tapes, then who can I listen to?

Rocky: Barry Manilow's new album that he's been peddling on QVC is pretty hot. And I hear Michael Crawford is coming out with a new disc of show tunes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Passion of the Weiss said...

this is really really funny...even if none of the hipsters are listening to Barry Manilow anymore...dude haven't you heard it's totally all about engelbert humperdink these days.

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home